Wednesday 8 October 2014

OUGD504 (Brief 02): Research - spanish art

After deciding to rebrand SER, I started looking at traditional Spanish artwork - largely patterned tiles which include interesting links between shapes, creating striking patterns.






I want to take the idea of repeating a traditional pattern, but simplifying the geometry to stay in keep with the modern technique the restaurant uses to renovate the traditional Spanish dishes.

I also looked into traditional Spanish architecture to further my ideas for geometric shapes and patterns, including looking at home entrances to reiterate the idea of a welcoming, home environment in the restaurant.




Spanish tiles evolved into Europe in the 12th century, and came into common use in Spain with many regions having distinct styles.  Spanish tiles have gained a reputation for using the most bright and varied colour combinations, which gives me a clue to the type of colour scheme I should use for the logo.  These styles are particularly popular in the States which is where the restaurant is opening, in Boston.

I want the colours to reflect the tagline of the company: Simple, Easy and Real. The shape of the logo will represent the simple and easy values and Spanish heritage, whereas the 'real' has to come from an animate and honest colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment