Wednesday 1 October 2014

OUGD504 (Brief 01): Initial Ideas

Instinctively I wanted to incorporate my recent interest in hand drawn type into the design, so after researching a bit further into some hand lettering I started to draw out some ideas to use for my content.

I started out by playing with the title 'design process' as I want to include this somewhere on my design so it's clear what the content includes.

Another idea I had was to include the words of some stages that I find necessary to carry out in my design process, including research, drawing, reading and organising.
Having a break from layout/folding design and thinking back to some of the folding techniques I became aware of earlier, I started sketching out a few initial ideas for the shape of the leaflet.

An irregularly shaped fold stood out to me from my research, so decided to expand on this using angular cuts and drawing out several nets.







No comments:

Post a Comment