Wednesday 1 October 2014

OUGD504 (Brief 01): Research - existing leaflets

After experimenting with a few different folding techniques I researched more into different ways to create and present information in a leaflet.

Once before I have looked into book binding and leaflets, and thought about making a circular booklet for content without a specific order to it.

I came across this design today, which has used a split pin to connect the separate 'segments' together:


Another way I found to present information on folded stock is shown in the design below:


This way when folded, the content is closed into a concertina fold which is covered by a flip-notebook-style piece folded over the top, keeping a bigger amount of images and text in a small, pocket size rectangle.


A method to show the headings for each section in the leaflet can be put to use by having different sized heights on each fold.  I could use this to show the summary of the stages in my design process when the leaflet is closed, then can be opened to show a more in depth explanation.

This fold is compact and has an interesting aesthetic when being folded up as shown here.







No comments:

Post a Comment