Wednesday 22 October 2014

OUGD503 (Brief 01): Responsive Intro



This brief requires us to respond to at least 5 live competitions or briefs that will enable us to showcase our work publicly, expanding our design work out of the studio and developing our individual practice.  The briefs I choose should be of relevance to an area I want to improve on, as well as offering a variety of responses and showing attempts to get my work 'out there'.

Starting to look at competition websites including talenthouse and graphiccompetitions, I highlighted and saved certain briefs that appealed to me and that I thought gave me the scope to create a range of responses that would reflect the different areas of graphic design that interest me the most.









As one of the first competition briefs, I've decided to enter the Royal Mint competition to design the tails side for the new £1 due to be released in 2017.  The closing date for submissions is at the end of October, so I need to start working on this design soon.  The details of requirements for the submission are included on the website here.

Ideas for possible briefs I want to do so far are:

- a hand lettering design
- a typeface design
- book cover design

I'm also looking into creating my own publication as one of my 5 briefs, which I will produce with the intention to showcase publicly and in turn possibly gain recognition from.

No comments:

Post a Comment