Tuesday 21 October 2014

OUGD504 (Brief 03): Design for Web - A brief history of...



My research for the summer brief on architecture in Europe is going to become the content for the website we're creating for the third studio brief.  Due to my research being primarily photographs and the way architecture can be portrayed through photography, I want a key element of my website to be the photographs themselves.  Relevant research I've collated about architecture in Europe will accompany the photographs, and be categorised accordingly.





My initial thoughts for the design of my website, informed by the subject of my research, is to have the photos at a large scale on the homepage, overlapping and positioned to create an aesthetic that's similar to a cityscape.  These photos could then link to separate pages on the site, containing more information about that building/city/type of architecture.

I could also combine the individual photos in relation to Europe somehow - for example, positioned to reflect the shape of Europe on the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment