Monday 24 November 2014

OUGD503: Band Logo - Munich

I've recently been commissioned to create a hand drawn logo for a band Munich, who stated they wanted a style similar to that in the title of the film Drive (2011). My initial sketches involved writing out Munich several times, varying in different size letterforms and positioning in relation to each other.  It was easier to quickly sketch them and thicken the line weight afterwards, rather than spending time working out the design precisely.


 






These were the sketched versions I sent as the first draft for the client to decide from;



Digital development 

I traced over the ones I shortlisted to test the style digitally and see how well it would work in the final form.  I started out on Photoshop but transferred to Illustrator as it was easier to create a more precise copy of the drawings, as well as being able to adjust minor parts of the letterforms afterwards.



After consulting with the client, they decided on the last version as their favourite, which I then traced round in Illustrator using the pen tool to make sure the forms were precise.  I'm also going to hand draw the type for a specific song 'How Many Times' which will accompany the logo on their cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment