Wednesday 7 January 2015

OUGD504 (Brief 04): Final Designs and Evaluation

I was able to digitally print my final solutions to this brief once I'd positioned all the separate pieces on to A2 and A3 documents.  I then used a guillotine, ruler and scalpel to cut out the designs by hand; on a larger scale, laser cut or computerised cut outs would be more ideal both to save time and create maintain accuracy throughout.






Final business cards; six variations - one for each city

If these were to be produced for advertising, there would be a much bigger run than six cards, each A3 sheet printed with the six variations then cropped and cut down.  



Two pockets cut out and folded


Photo cards




A6 fold out cards

With more time I would have liked to print on the reverse side of these cards, perhaps in a block colour (grey) or including the grey diagonal lines cutting parallel to the sides of each shape.  These can either be stood up (bottom) or unfolded to create the flat A5 flyer.






Poster







Overall I am generally happy with the outcomes for this brief, though I think there are several things I could improve on.  Although I like the design I've incorporated in the title on either side of the poster I would change it slightly so that they extended further, as well as changing the alignment of the text in top left corner.

Looking at the poster now, it might have looked better with block colour on the central pockets to separate them from the backdrop and add a bit more to the design.

Hypothetically, I named my website archeurope.co.uk for the purpose of including it in the adverts.  Likewise with the title, I would change this to something better with more thought and development.

With more time and facilities, I could have used other print finishes for this brief that fall within my £30 budget, such as lamination.  This would work particularly well for the photo cards on main poster and smaller business cards / flyers which would increase their value and offer protection for those that will be handled a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment