Thursday 30 April 2015

OUGD505: Study Task 3 - Disobedient Objects North

We had a week to complete this brief and were given all the content and images to include to create an A5 flyer and an A5 concertina fold booklet, both promoting the Disobedient Objects exhibition in the North, held at the People's History Museum in Manchester.

There were requirements to keep the layout black and white except for colour photographs, so with a short amount of text to fill the booklet I placed focus on the images more.  The vertical black strip on the flyer was intended to represent the North location, also why North is on the line below.  I chose the font geomanist as it's round spacious counters reminded me of the typeface used in the exhibition we saw in London, though with less decorative and unusual glyphs.

I enjoyed this short task as it got me thinking quickly and only concentrating on the design elements as all the content was provided, which is something that often distracts me from creating a design I like.





No comments:

Post a Comment