Monday 4 April 2016

OUGD603: Anna Holland Starling \ Logo & Wordmark

Brief: Create a hand rendered logotype for surface pattern designer Anna Holland-Starling using the client's name and initials for a logo icon. Client has provided me with reference images of my own work that she likes and wants something similar.

Deliverables: A word mark and separate logo icon


I asked Anna for some sketches of her writing her name out in her own handwriting so I could get some ideas for the logo. She said she wanted something with flow so I started with script lettering.






After I showed her the initial sketches she directed me to something more block like, sending me images of work I have previously done;






Development;




Using the letters A H S (her initials) I came up with a logo design that would be more suitable for using on square format pages such as instagram and Facebook rather than using a long name logotype which would work on business cards.









My initial design is shown below; it was a rough version as I hadn't heated the letterforms into a defined logo, however I do like that the overlaps are darker giving some texture to the letterforms. Th singular block strokes give reference to printing with objects.





















No comments:

Post a Comment